Category : Transitions
Important Congregational Meeting
A congregational meeting will be held on Sunday, November 15, at 11 a.m. for the purpose of calling a Senior Pastor. Please see the letter below from the HUCC Pastoral Search Committee.
Jim Bale, MD, HUCC Moderator
October 29, 2020
Dear Holladay United Church of Christ members and friends,
The HUCC Pastoral Search Committee is excited to announce that the Committee has selected a candidate for the position of Senior Pastor. In accordance with the HUCC By-Laws, the moderator is calling a special congregational meeting on Sunday, November 15, at 11 a.m. following the candidating service. Due to the COVID pandemic, all candidating processes will be done virtually. Our candidate will not be here in person.
If you do not have email to receive further information or internet connectivity to join Zoom meetings, please contact Martha Bale at (801) 244-3341 ASAP to make alternative arrangements.
The schedule of information leading up to the candidating Sunday will include (times to be announced):
- Friday November 6 – Background information on the candidate will be sent to HUCC members and friends by email.
- This will include sign-up information for small group candidate conversations via Zoom.
- Sunday November 8 – Search Committee members will explain the search process, briefly introduce the background of the candidate and be available for questions.
- Monday-Friday November 9 to 13–Small group candidate conversations via Zoom
- Saturday November 14 — Large group Zoom social time with the candidate and the search committee
- Sunday November 15 – Candidating church service, congregational meeting and voting by members
Because we must maintain confidentiality about the candidate, we must not share the name or any of the materials beyond HUCC. Please respect the search and call process. Do not post the candidate’s name anywhere, do not contact the candidate’s church or access its website or Facebook page. To ensure confidentiality, attendance at each of the meetings will be managed by a Zoom invitation/RSVP process. If you have difficulty using Zoom, call in phone numbers will be provided.
Voting on the candidate during the congregational meeting is limited to HUCC members and will be done anonymously through Zoom polling. A phone-in voting option will be available if needed.
During the last twelve months since being entrusted as your search committee, we have reviewed many candidate profiles, and interviewed several potential candidates. While COVID has created challenges, the virtual search process has enabled the committee to discern in depth the relationship between the candidate’s skills, passions, and the needs of HUCC. We look forward to introducing the candidate and sharing our excitement about the candidate and HUCC’s future.
HUCC Pastoral Search Committee
Martha Bale, Chair, Ruby Hammel, Linda Hilton, Teri Jewell, Trent Parkhill, Steve Schneider, Amy Spratling