“Elected each year by the congregation at the Spring Congregational Meeting, the Church Council is the primary governing body of Holladay UCC. The purpose of the Church Council is to protect and advance HUCC’s mission, ensure there are adequate resources to carry out HUCC’s mission, be ambassadors to the community of behalf of Holladay UCC, and to grow, build and strengthen the congregation and equip and encourage members to become leaders in the Church and the community.”
As part of its responsibilities, the Church Council appoints members to the following standing committees to help sustain and healthy and vital community:
Pastor Parish Relations Committee: (download description)
Human Resources Committee: The responsibilities of the Human Resources Committee for all salaried and non-salaried staff (except Holladay Preschool personnel) include:
- Annually reviewing and updating personnel policies.
- Conducting performance evaluations of the Pastor(s).
- Consulting with the Pastor(s), and assisting as considered necessary, in
- performance evaluations of other Church staff members.
- Recommending to Council the compensation and benefits for paid staff as
- part of the Church operating budget process.
- Establishing and annually reviewing job descriptions.
- Overseeing the maintenance of personnel records.
- Consulting with the Pastor(s) on possible employment terminations of non-Pastor personnel.
Council MembersElected At Spring 2018 Congregational Meeting
|Vice Moderator||Carl Adams|
|Communication Officer||Rick Spratling|
|Financial Officier||Dennie Bayes
|At-Large Officer||Leslie Jerominski|
|Worship & Spiritual Life||Teri Jewell|
|Care, Community & Fellowship||Julie Berreth|
|Compassionate Action & Outreach||Jim Bale
|Faith Formation & Education||Shelley McCall|
|Preschool Board Representative||Rori Piggot|