Wednesday evening, March 13, for Lent at Holladay UCC, there will be a light supper at 6 p.m. followed by making prayer pretzels at 6:30 p.m. and games to play while the pretzels bake.
As legend has it, in medieval times monks made pretzels as a way of teaching younger monks to pray with folded arms. The three holes in a pretzel symbolized the Trinity. Thus we’ll make pretzels to remember prayerful reverence.
Wrapup and cleanup will be finished by 7:30 p.m. If you want to help with the necessary chores or bring food, check out the
Lenten schedule reminders
for your refrigerator door
- March 20 — Plastic, a toxic love story. What to do about it!
- March 27 — Stories and fish.
- April 3 — Service night; bagging beans and rice for Crossroads Urban Center.
- April 10 — Egg hunt culmination.
- April 18 (Thursday) — Agape feast at First Congregational Church
- April 21 — Easter.