Vision, Mission & Core Values
More than 50 years ago, a group of neighbors gathered together in faith to launch a new church in the Holladay area. Today their vision has grown into a diverse and dynamic community where the best of the Christian tradition courageously embraces innovation and open minded conversation, where inclusion is expected and people of all walks of life are welcomed, where beliefs are put into action and where people are encouraged to seek God and progress on their own spiritual journeys.
As a community of faith we seek to challenge and transform the world, beginning with ourselves, and to celebrate the image of God in every person and in all creation.
Responding to God’s love, we gather to be a healing, authentic, and empowered community who, through worship, education, fellowship and compassionate action, extend God’s extravagant welcome in the world.
Our Core Values
- We recognize God in the life and teaching of Jesus, in concert with an appreciation for the diverse religious traditions of our world.
- Christianity is a faith of extravagant grace, radical inclusion and relentless compassion
- All members of the congregation as ministers.
- We value the freedom to question and to be spiritually curious.
- Everything is connected. We are part of the whole. We recognize our mutual accountability with all of creation.
- We cherish authenticity and genuine relationships.
- Our hands and voices are God’s tools to create a more just society.
- Cultivating a life of compassion that honors vulnerability and offers healing presence